Australia is arguably one of the most unique travel destinations in the world. Due to its geographical location and isolation from the rest of the world it has the most unique natural features and wildlife in the world. Australia is the native home of the Aborigine people. The Aborigines have managed to keep and follow their culture and tradition to this day. Visiting the Australian Outback helps you to interact with the Aborigines and experience their lives as they cope with the harsh desert environment that is experienced in Australia’s interior. The following are the best weird places to visit in Australia;
• This prison was one of the most inhumane in Australia. It housed rapists, serial killers, murderers and other hardcore criminals. Executed prisoners were buried in the prison’s courtyard. The cells are very small and you will cringe when you think about the appalling conditions that prisoners endured.
• Ghosts of prisoner’s lurk through the hallways and cells. As you walk through the hallways you will hear voices crying, whistles, strange shadows and other supernatural events that you can only believe when you visit this prison.
Mill Hill Hotel:
• This haunted hotel is located in Bondi Junction, New South Wales. The rooms of this hotel are haunted by ghosts. The hotel is haunted by a child’s ghost that plays tricks on guests and a lady ghost who sleeps with unaccompanied men at night.
Pool Of Siloam:
• The Pool of Siloam is one of the saltiest water bodies in the world, it is 7 times more salty than the oceans. Since it is very salty swimming is very easy because you will float without using a lot of effort.
• The Pool of Siloam has natural salts that have medicinal properties. These salts soothe your skin and help it to maintain your skin’s natural radiance.
• This pool is located in a picturesque area in Beachport, South Australia.
• This unique hill is located in Orroroo. At Magnetic Hill your car looks like it is rolling up hill when you engage neutral gear.
• This is caused by how the hills are set out. This creates an illusion that makes your eyes to see like the car is defying gravity by rolling uphill instead of downhill.
• This lake is located in Mt Gamblier’s which is an extinct volcano. From November to March it turns to turquoise blue and then changes back to steel grey colour from April to November.
. This occurs because the surface layers of the lake are warmed leading to formation of calcium carbonate.
Tailem Bend’s Pink Lake:
• Visiting this lake gives you an out of this world experience since the Lake looks pink. The pink colour is caused by a unique species of algae that grows abundantly in the lake.
• This lake is perfect for taking photos and enjoying picnics. Do not be tempted to swim in this lake.
You should ensure that you have applied your Australia visas before you make travel plans of visiting these weird places. This gives you ample time to sort any issues that may occur.